Sunday, May 10, 2009

45. The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett

The Light Fantastic is Terry Pratchett's second Discworld novel and follows the adventures of Rincewind and his friend, Twoflower. The two are miraculously rescued from falling off the rim of Discworld and are now faced with saving the world and its inhabitants from a quickly approaching red star. As they make their way back to the city of Ankh-Morpork, they meet all kinds of fantastic, strange or dangerous characters. I like Rincewind much better in this book. He is still a coward but always finds a way out of danger. Of course, he gets a lot of help from The Luggage and the eighty-seven-year-old hero, Cohen the Barbarian. The whole result is just hilarious. I love how Pratchett personifies just about every inanimate object with such humor. It's a great book. I look forward to continuing on with the series. Just not all at once. Rating: 4.5

2 comments:

  1. I thought that suitcase was hilarious. Oh, and Cohen the Barbarian was too. Fun stuff. I'm glad these books don't have to be read in any order. It seems less intimidating to be able to pick up one and not feel like you need to read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read more Pratchett! I am seeing reviews of him every where lately!

    ReplyDelete