Saturday, April 21, 2012

28. Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett

Terry Pratchett always makes me laugh and this book is especially funny.  Three witches from Wyrd Sisters are back trying to save the world from "happy ever after" story endings.  I t seems there is another witch who is making sure that all the stories in the city of Genua end just the way they should, little choice to the actual people who inhabit the story. 

"Servant girls have to marry the prince.  That's what life is all about.  You can't fight a Happy Ending."

Nanny Ogg, Granny Weatherwax and Magrat Garlick have all kinds of adventures as they fly their brooms from Lancre to Genua to help Magrat take over as the fairy godmother to the luckless serving wench about to marry a really creepy prince.  What fun!  Rating:  4.5

1 comment:

  1. Another one I can't wait to read. Tried to comment on Trick of the Light but it wouldn't let me. I thought it might be a hard one to listen to with all the language. Myke and I are re-reading this series and are finding the books are even better than we originally thought. I will want to read them at least 3x each. So good.

    ReplyDelete