Saturday, April 09, 2011

19. Last Witness by Jilliane Hoffman

This is the second book starring C J Townsend, an Assistant State Attorney in Miami.  If you want to read this series, start with the first; I always felt I was missing something because I hadn't. 

In this book, cops are being brutally murdered and a pattern soon emerges.  Only CJ makes the connection between the murders and herself.  Her guilt and fear drives a wedge between her and her boyfriend, Domick, who is a Special Investigator with eh state working on solving the murders.  While there is a proper amount of suspense in the book, there is also a lot of explicit carnage, blood and violence.  I also had a hard time sympathizing with what CJ does to cover up past misdeeds.  She just didn't mesh with me.  The reader is given broad hints throughout as to who the murderer is so the solving of the myster is quite anticlimatic.  A bit of a disappointment.
Rating:  3

No comments:

Post a Comment