Friday, June 05, 2009

Reading Meme

Thanks to Booklogged for finding me a fun meme. It's been such a long time since i've done one. Now I see she has another one on her blog but I'll have to think about that.

1. What author do you own the most books by? I'm too lazy to go count but I own a whole slew of Terry Pratchett, L. M. Montgomery and Dana Stabenow. Pretty eclectic, aren't I?

2. What book do you own the most copies of? I don't think I own more than one of any book. There have been a few times when I buy or mooch a book I already own. I just have to grit my teeth and mooch the extra off.

3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions? What are you talking about?

4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with? Connor Larkin from Trinity by Leon Uris

5. What book have you read the most times in your life? When I was young, I read Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brinks 16 times. I've also read Anne of Green Gables quite a few times.

6. Favorite book as a ten year old? See my last answer

7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year? The Lesser Blessed by Richard Van Camp

8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year? Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver

9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be? The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie? I just finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It would make a brilliant movie.

11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read? The Brothers Karamazov.

12. What is your favorite book? I love so many books that are so different that I can't really pick one. So I'll list some: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak, Anne of Green Gables By L M Montgomery, The Boxmaker's Son by Donald Smurthwaite, An Ocean of Air by Gabrielle Walker, Trinity by Leon Uris . . . I could go on and on.

13. Play? The Importance of Being Earnest

14. Poem? Wee Willie Winkie

15. Essay? No idea

16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today? Danielle Steele

17. What is your desert island book? I would die with just one book.

18. And . . . what are you reading right now? I just finished reading The Hunger Games (review will be posted shortly) and will be starting The Marble Faun by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Poor Hawthorne, The Hunger Games will be a hard book to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I read your answers to Candleman. We guffawed at your favorite poem!

    ReplyDelete