Friday, March 27, 2009

30. Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fanny Flagg

Book Around the State
Personal Challenge
Mississippi

In 1952, Daisy Fay is eleven and about as precocious as a child can get. She is pretty naive and always commenting on things that embarrass her parents. And her parents fight constantly mostly because her father drinks so much. It obvious they love Daisy, but it's still a pretty dysfunctional family. There are some pretty humorous anecdotes in the book, more when the story jumps to Daisy's high school life; but it was still kind of flat to me. I found it just okay.

Rating: 3.75

4 comments:

  1. I have this on my TBR shelf, but it hasn't been calling me. I'm guessing it's gonna be sitting there a lot longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have Mark's Fannie Flagg book that I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this way back in the early 90's and loved it. Wonder if I'd feel the same way now. Sorry it was only a ho-hum read for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this book. It took me awhile to get through it, but I found myself unable to put it down in the last 3/4 of the story. I like southern literature, as I'm a girl from Alabama. I noticed a few of the Mississipi towns and points of interest were names of places in Alabama.. Coincidence? I thought that was interesting. If I'm not mistaken, Fannie Flagg is from Alabama. I love her books!

    ReplyDelete